What?! There are only a handful of days left until Christmas? Didn’t we just get done with the bustle of last year’s holiday season?
The holiday season seems to come and go quicker every year and we tell ourselves that we will start shopping early. Let’s be real; no matter how good your intentions, this is a rarity to actually happen.
If you are looking to score some additional cash for the holiday season in order to spoil your family and friends, here are some eccentric side opportunities that will have you racking in green!
Out-of-the-Box Odd Jobs
You don’t have to have a long white beard to perform any of these crazy jobs!
• Deck the Halls: If you have never heard of TaskRabbit, you should download it. It’s a mobile app that allows folks just like you to post small tasks that they would rather have someone else complete. During the holidays, there are many people who really don’t like hanging outdoor Christmas décor. You can make a pretty penny helping people decorate!
• Be the Life of the Party: Holidays mean parties, and parties always are in need of entertainment! It may be time to dust off that banjo and get to singing seasonal tunes.
• Sample Guru: If you like being around and conversing with people, then this is a fun gig that many retail places hire for during the height of the holidays. You simply demo particular products! Hand out samples, talk about them to potential customers, and make connections.
• Wrap Gifts: If you’re anything like me, you stock up on 75% wrapping paper, ribbons, and bows at the end of the previous holiday season. If you have a plethora of wrapping items, then launch a service to wrap people’s gifts! People will love that there is someone to take this task off the table for them.
• Host Furry Friends: Holidays means lots of travel, and this at times means leaving Fido at home. Think about all those lonely pets as their owners are off traveling to visit family and friends. Start a holiday pet-sitting gig, allowing pets to stay in your home while their families are away.
• Baby-sit: This is along the same line as pet-sitting, but rather during peak shopping times. Offer to baby-sit kids while their parents go out shopping, so they don’t have to worry about their little rascals being under foot.
Put Money Back in Your Pocket
• Install cash back apps: There’s a large variety of apps that have the ability to put the cash you spend back in your pocket as you go on your holiday shopping sprees:
And tons more!
For the Shopoholics
• Shop for Others: If you are a die-hard shopoholic, then use that skill to help others. There are many people that hate the bustle of stores during the holiday season. You can get paid lots of green for doing it for others!
• Mystery Shop: If there are retail locations that you know could be doing a better job, then make some cash, earn free meals or get services for being a mystery “snooper.”
• Review Websites: If you know websites that you often shop on inside and out, what better way to make the best better than reviewing websites! Here are some testing site jobs!
Drive and Deliver
• Sell on Etsy: If you like making crafts, then start creating and get signed up for an Etsy store! I know I head over to their website to conduct lots of my holiday shopping.
• Sell at Craft Fairs: For the ambitious-crafter, you can make lots of specific items and rent yourself a booth at a local craft fair. They are popular during the height of the holiday season. Folks love homemade gifts they don’t have to make themselves! It’s a win-win.
• Start a Blog: I know, you read this one a lot, but it’s an awesome way to make bank! Set up a blog, sign-up with affiliate programs and promote items! During the holidays, focus on gift items that are sure to sell. Click here to learn how to set up your own blog using WordPress!
• Affiliate Marketing: From posting on websites to pinning on Pinterest, the internet has a wide array of opportunities ripe for the taking when it comes to advertising and getting people to click and buy items from your links.
• Photography: As a photographer myself, offer to shoot holiday sessions! Families are always looking for that perfect photo for their Christmas cards.
• Write Articles: The World Wide Web is broad, which means there are always folks looking for content to be written, especially in the midst of the holidays. Here are 75+ sites that pay people just like you to write!
Work Hard, Shop Harder
• Perform Yard Work
• Shovel Snow
• Clean houses: I know many individuals that loathe cleaning and setting up for the holidays, and even more so when it comes time to take down decorations and clean up the mess.
• Pet sit
• Run Errands: Have some spare time on your hands? Offer to run errands for families that are quite busy during the hustle of the holidays.
Out with the Old, In with the New
Christmas is an exciting time to receive new things, but where to put it all? Before you get stuck with no room to put your new shiny things, take time to de-clutter!
• Sell Old Clothes: With applications like Thredup, it’s now possible to get rid of those 544 pairs of jeans and more! If you like a more hands-on technique, try the app Twice.
• Sell Other Items: From CD’s, DVD’s, books, and much more, there are always things to rid your life of, with just as many apps to help you!
While these jobs just touch the surface on the opportunities that are available to make extra moo-lah during the holidays, you can visit the following websites to spark an idea! The more fun you have, the more money you will likely make. If you have the will to make additional cash for the holidays, there are many avenues to help you achieve this goal!